Green Country Technology Center is proud to provide over 40 certifications that our students can acquire through training and certification testing. These tests are scheduled for students by their instructor.
Non-students can also take industry certification tests by scheduling with our Academic Career Center. Fees for non-students vary by test.
Health Certification Tests
CareerTech has partnered with the Oklahoma State Department of Health to provide testing at local technology centers through the Health Certification Project (HCP). These tests are offered on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. and must be scheduled at least one day in advance with Deena Harvey at (918) 758-0840, ext. 249.
Before you can test, you must meet the following requirements:
- Visit the Health Certification Project website to obtain testing rules and requirements for the test you wish to take. (The test names are located on the left side of the web page.)
- Make sure that you have a valid, current photo identification issued by government entity within the U.S. (i.e. passport, driver’s license, school-issued ID). This ID must be verified by a GCTC staff member on the day of the test.
- Bring any other documentation with you that is required for the test. For example, many tests require a letter of approval from a government agency.
- Be prepared to pay the testing fee that is indicated on the website. Payment can only be issued in cash or money order. GCTC cannot accept credit card or debit card payments.
- Check in at the Administration office at GCTC located at 1100 N. Loop 56, Okmulgee fifteen minutes before test time to pay for the test and to have your letter of approval and ID verified. TESTING BEGINS PROMPTLY at 9:00 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
State Welding Exam
Green Country Technology Center has an AWS Certified Welding Inspector and an Oklahoma State Department of Labor Licensed Welding Inspector on staff. GCTC administers the State of Oklahoma Welder Certification Test. (STEAM CARD) GCTC is also an Oklahoma Department of Labor approved weld test facility and approved processing site. Individuals interested in taking the State Welding Certification Test can schedule a test date with our Inspector. Testing Fees are $200 which includes all materials for the test. An additional $25 fee must be paid directly to the Oklahoma Department of Labor, after passing the weld test. Our inspector can also administer weld tests for individual companies for pre-employment weld testing and welder qualification testing. (Call for pricing.) For more information please contact Wade Lackey (918)652-1034.