Instructor – Jamie Sizemore
Instructor – Jennifer Sellers
Students are encouraged to join and participate in the HOSA student organization.
- Enrollment for this career major is open to high school applicants only.
- Applicants must complete an Application for Admissions.
- High school applicants must have the written consent of his/her parent or guardian.
- High school applicants must receive the approval of his/her local high school principal and/or counselor.
Through Cooperative Alliance agreements, many GCTC majors are eligible to earn college credit from Oklahoma State University-Institute of Technology.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial aid and scholarships may be available for qualifying students.
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) A Certified Nurse Aide provides auxiliary services in the care and support of long term care residents and home health clients. Students will learn legal and ethical concepts, liability factors with assisting clients, infection control, core technical skills, medical emergency preparation and resident care.Upon successful completion of the Health Careers Certification program, students have the opportunity to take the state Certified Nurse Aide exam.
- Home Health Aide
Total Hours of Instruction – 1050
Estimated time to complete (high school students) – 2 years
- Morning session – 8:00 a.m. to 10:55 a.m.
- Lunch – 10:55 a.m. to 12:25 p.m.
- Afternoon session – 12:30 p.m. to 3:25 p.m
|High School Student
- Tuition – $0
- Tools – $0
- Certification Testing – $0
Additional costs may include books, supplies, and student organization dues.
|Courses of Instruction
|Health Careers Core Curriculum
|Core Medical Terminology
|Core Healthcare Provider PR and First Aid
|Anatomy and Physiology
|Long Term Care Assistant
|Concepts of Nursing
|Fundamentals of Nursing